Join Mustafa, the chef/owner of Sherefe a popular Mediterranean restaurant
downtown Fayetteville and learn more about the Mediterranean diet.
Research has shown that the traditional Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of heart disease.
Some benefits of the diet include:
- Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- Replacing butter with healthy fats, such as olive oil
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week
The diet also recognizes the importance of being physically active, and enjoying meals with family and friends.
Tuesdays • February 10-March 17 • 2:00pm-5:00pm
Sherefe, 114 Gillespie Street • www.sherefe.net
Fee: $75 • Instructor: Chef Mustafa Somar
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Register on campus at Records & Registration Office
Neill A. Currie Center for Continuing Education
Call (910) 678-8243/8309 for more information